• Irwin Tools significantly expands it’s brand portfolio in Brazil with a successful ‘B3’ launch program. This
launch marks the brand’s entry into 12 new categories with 500 new SKUs by leveraging a strong route to market
in Brazil, one of Newell Rubbermaid’s fastest growing priority markets.
• Irwin Tools introduces the Dupla™ Double-Sided Hacksaw Blade, the first blade on the market with dual
high-speed steel cutting edges for two times the life versus a single sided saw blade. The product leads
the brand’s B3 launch in Brazil. Irwin developed Dupla specifically for emerging markets, where there is high
usage of hand tools like hacksaws and supported the launch with more than one million samples distributed to
tradesmen across Brazil to encourage trial.
• Irwin Tools’ third annual National Tradesmen Day was supported by the brand’s largest ever television ad
campaign as the brand hosted 4,550 total events worldwide to help up-level the role of the tradesmen and
celebrate the professionals who build and keep our world’s infrastructure running strong.
• Newell Rubbermaid enters the heating, ventilation and air conditioning/refrigeration category with a new
brand, Hilmor, and a game-changing product line of 150 innovative HVAC/R tools. Hilmor becomes an
anchor brand alongside Irwin and Lenox within the company’s Tools segment, a strategic priority as part
of the Growth Game Plan.
• Irwin Tools upgraded the Levels category with the launch of a comprehensive new offering with innovative
designs that eliminate tradesmen's top frustrations related to accuracy, durability and performance.
• Irwin Universal Handsaw, featuring a unique ergonomic design that cuts three times faster than traditional
handsaws, won a prestigious International Red Dot award for outstanding product design and was featured
in Men’s Health magazine as one of the “100 Best New Products for Men.”
• Based on consumer insights, Lenox introduced the Bi-Metal Speed Slot® Hole Saw, with a patent-pending
design and staircase slot for fast and easy plug ejection and longer life when cutting holes in wood and metal.