• Sharpie launched Stained by Sharpie fabric markers, featuring a new pigmented, fade-resistant ink specifically
developed for optimal performance on fabric. The ink does not need to be iron- or heat-set so creations can be
used immediately, and it is designed to withstand machine washing for easy care.
• As Sharpie shifted to innovate beyond its permanent marker foundation, the brand becomes a voice for
self-expression on multiple surfaces and grows usage occasions and the writing category to become the
No. 1 writing brand in the United States.
• Sharpie Liquid Pencil revolutionized the classic, tried-and-true writing instrument - the pencil - with cutting-edge
liquid graphite technology that writes smooth like a pen but erases like a pencil, eliminating the
No. 1 consumer frustration with mechanical pencils - broken or dulling leads. The Sharpie Liquid Pencil joins
the Sharpie Pen as the brand further expands from permanent markets into near-neighbor categories.
Liquid Pencil was recognized by Consumer Goods Technology magazine for outstanding achievement in
the most innovative product category.
• Expo introduced Washable™ Dry Erase markers, the first line of washable dry erase markers from the brand,
saving moms countless sheets of paper and piles of stained clothing while keeping kids entertained and
learning on a whiteboard.
• Parker launched a “shop-in-shop” concept in fine department stores in key markets spotlighting the classic
style and unmatched functionality of the brand while providing customers with a unique shopping experience.
The shop-in-shop strategy has taken hold with more than 400 dedicated stores around the world, including the
fast-growing emerging markets of China and Latin America.
• Endicia® launched the first United States Postal Service-authorized Internet postage feature to generate
a combined shipping, postage and customs declaration label bearing the required round date stamp
needed for shipments to Army, Fleet and Diplomatic Post Office addresses, U.S. territories and freely
associated states. These packages no longer need to be taken to the Post Office for round date stamp
processing, saving consumers time.